Thursday, July 5, 2007

On the sidelines

Keeping a home game organized is harder than it looks.

Taking tournament entries, giving seat assignments, counting up rebuys, cutting up the prize pool, starting a cash game list, selling chips, condensing tournament tables. I spent the first five hours of Tuesday night on my feet.

It's not fun work, but I like making sure everything is done right. When I go play a tournament somewhere, and the host has no idea about balancing tables or a reasonable tournament structure, I'm upset. I like making sure our players have a good time.

I got into a cash game later, but only played a few hands before it broke, picking up a clean $44 profit.

I'm in charge again Friday, but there's usually not as many players, giving me more of a chance to play.

No comments: